Wednesday, July 1, 2015

From Dublin to Chiang Mai, Swollen Ankles Included



Hi there! 

My name is Eniola, but called Enny by pretty much everybody. 

I was born in Lagos (Nigeria), raised in Waterford (Ireland) and studying in Dublin. I am supper bubbly, perhaps way too chatty and always with a smile. 

I am a 3rd year General Nursing student of Trinity College in Dublin. I love the placement! Going home knowing I have helped someone in a vulnerable place, honestly is the best feeling in the world. 

What’s next? I have huge plans, I have big dreams! Slowly but surely I will make these dreams a reality. 

The first of which began in Thailand on the 7th of June after being named the Thailand EIL Access Travel Award winner for 2015 alongside Maria and Melissa. 

Our 26 hour journey consisted of connecting flights from Dublin to London to Bangkok to Chiang Mai. It wasn’t until we were about to get off the 12 hour flight to Bangkok that I realised how ridiculously swollen my feet had gotten. My feet refused to budge and fit into my flat shoes and walking on it gave me pins and needles. Trying to get through security and immigration waddling in swollen feet was not a pleasant experience but it provided great humour for myself and the girls. I most definitely will remember to get Ted stockings in the future.  The excitement we shared is something that I will never forget as it was the farthest we had ever been away from home.

As we landed in Chiang Mai in one full piece, we were welcomed by Dan the Assistant Director of Cultural Canvas Thailand and a temperature of 37 degrees Celsius. We arrived at the volunteer house and were welcomed by Sarah from New York and David and Claire from North Carolina.   


Since arrival, we have being orientated to Chiang Mai including awesome restaurants to eat, places that are a must visit, and our projects. The whole shebang really!

For more on that, look out for my next blog!

La gorn,

Enny

No comments:

Post a Comment