Friday, January 23, 2015

Overnight Trip to Lampang

Last week I had to stay for one night in Lampang. It's a city two hours away from Chiang Mai. FORRU owns plots there so we had to monitor them. Monitoring means measuring all the trees and valuing their health, shade and weeds. Masters students from Chiang Mai University helped us. 

 
Maybe you are wondering why FORRU has plots in Lampang. Actually SCG (big cement company in Lampang) tried to plant trees in their quarries, but it didn't work. So they asked FORRU for help. I have to say I was really surprised when I saw the trees. I mean the plots are in a quarry so I didn't expect anything. But the trees were so huge and healthy. 
 
This week we were in Lampang again but just for a meeting. SCG want to try to plant more trees and FORRU needs to explain everything. It was interesting to see a meeting between the environment and economy sector.

The other days I had to work in the office because we had to collect and analyze the data from our fieldtrips, and we have had many fieldtrips recently.



Last week my friends and I rented motorbikes so we did a lot of things. Just a few impressions: We visited a Thai Boxing fight and a lake, we watched a really nice movie at Documentary Arts Asia (a kind of cabaret movie) and we orbited Chiang Mai with the bikes. There is a really nice loop road in the mountains, it was amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment