Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Plans may be changed (Marie Eberwein)

I told you I want to spend Christmas and New Year in Cambodia. But one day before departure all my travelling plans were canceled by myself. But that is a long story...
Nonetheless I left Chiang Mai and I set out for Southern Thailand. After 20 hours bus ride, 13 hours stay in Bangkok and 2 hours passage I finally arrived in Koh Samui. What can I say? I´m sorry, but this island will never see me again! There are only tourists and young people making party-awful! And it wasn´t possible to find good Thai food and it rained every day! Nevertheless I tried to take time by the forelock. In my hostel I met a nice girl from Sweden. Together we explored Koh Samui. On one day we made a tourist tour and visited the most important places in Koh Samui. For example: Big Buddha, Grandfather Rock, Namuang Waterfall, Tarnim magic Garden, Wat Plai Laem.






On Christmas we rented motorbikes and explored the island by ourselves. It was such amazing trip, because we had so much fun and we could visited places we wanted to see. We saw places outside of tourism. That was great! After that we had a nice Christmas dinner (Pad Thai and Springrolls, the most Thai food we could get). In the evening we went out with other people from our hostel.
Next day we relaxed and gave ourselves a Christmas present: A Thai massage! I have to say it was my first Thai massage and it was so good. It takes getting used to because the masseur touch every part of your body and sometimes your bones creak. But after the massage you feel so good, it was great.
That´s all I could talk about. Finally I have to say I had a lot of fun and I met so many nice people from all over the world. But it feels like I wasn´t in Thailand. A fortiori I´m happy to be back in Chiang Mai.
Because I can´t spend New Year in Cambodia I´ll go with the other volunteers to Pai. I hope it will be great :)

All the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment