Thursday, August 3, 2017

CCT Volunteer Sam Walters 2nd Blog Post (Art Relief International)

     I feel like I have learned a lot in the time that I have been here, but I still feel as if I will not be here for as long as I would need to be to experience Art Relief International fully. I honestly can't wait to go home, to see all the people I've missed, but at the same time I don't feel like I have done enough for ARI or seen enough of Thailand. During my time at Art Relief International, I feel like I was taught so much about different people and different circumstances.

     Since coming to work for ARI, I have gone to places like Healing Family. Healing Family is a place with adults with mental illness. When we go their with a new project, they are always excited to participate and the atmosphere is like being around family. They are always welcoming, always happy to see you again, it truly feels like I walked into my aunts house or something of that effect. All the other places that we brought workshops to were great as well. There is nothing better than seeing everyone so happy to see everyone and how ready they are for whatever we prepared for them. Still, leading workshops are still the most nerve wrecking thing I've done in the past two and a half weeks, its usually worth it when everyone is happy and smiling at the end of our time together. 

No comments:

Post a Comment