Tuesday, August 8, 2017

CCT Volunteer Sam Walters Last Blog (Art Relief International)

It has been an amazing experience at ARI. It is now the end of my last day at ARI and I am filled with a lot of emotions. I'm sad to go but really excited to see my family. When I sent in my resume to be a part of ARI, I never thought what we would be doing would be so important. I said in my essays that I wanted to be part of the program because I wanted to see the world through other people's eyes and even though I don't think I could ever put myself into another person's shoes, I feel like I understand things a little more. I met a lot of people that are great people and I've learned a lot from them. I will miss the smiles that you get when you walk through the door. The way the students from Wat schools peak into the boxes when we arrive and they try to guess what we brought for them. I feel like in the past few weeks alone I have learned how much ARI is needed. Hallie keeps saying that we grew a lot while working for ARI and I hope I continue to grow even though my time with ARI is over. But I wont forget the people I met and I hope they wont forget me too. 
Sam




No comments:

Post a Comment